The surgery operates a booking system for all its appointments unless otherwise stated for specific clinics. This is done in order to allow you an appropriate consultation slot for your medical needs with the relevant clinician. An appointment system also allows you to attend the practice at an exact time thus reducing the period you may need to wait within the practice to be seen. The practice also offers telephone triage sessions with each clinicians for those instances where it may be unnecessary for you to attend the surgery. For further information on about this service can be found on our Speak to a Doctor page.
How to book an appointment
Currently you can book an appointment via the telephone, in person at the practice reception or online.
When booking appointments please remember the following points:
- If you know you need to book an appointment please book as soon as possible in order to obtain your preferred time and date. All the practice clinicians can be booked up to 6-8 weeks in advance in order to accommodate this.
- The receptionist will ask you for a reason for the appointment. This is done in order to book you the appropriate length of consultation with the appropriate clinician. The practice staff will not be offended if you prefer not to provide a reason however if an inappropriate consultation is booked, the doctor or nurse may ask you to rebook. All of the practice receptionists are bound by the rules of confidentiality.
- Please note that the doctors and nurses generally allow 10 minute consultations for each condition that you wish to discuss. If you want to get advice on more than one condition please advise the receptionist at the time of booking in order to book you an appointment with the appropriate length of time.
- An appointment is very valuable and therefore someone else could benefit from it if you cannot attend. Therefore please contact the surgery, ideally no later than 24 hours before the appointment time, to cancel it if is no longer required or needs to be rearranged. Patients that repeatedly book appointments and fail to attend or re-arrange with appropriate notice will be removed from the practice.
- You may request which clinician you would like to see, particularly in order to achieve continuity of care, however please note that it may not always be in your best interest to see a particular clinician as each clinician has different skills and interests. It may not always be possible to see a particular clinician due to annual leave etc.
To book an appointment call us on 0121 476 1135 or via the online patient access application.
How to cancel or rearrange and appointment
To cancel or rearrange an appointment please contact the practice on 0121 476 1135 as soon as you know you will be unable to attend the pre booked time allotted to you. Practice staff will gratefully appreciate any attempts to cancel unwanted appointments so that other patients can benefit from your cancellation.
Patients who repeatedly fail to attend appointments without cancelling with the reception team will be removed from the surgery list in order to maintain a high standard of service to other patients.