The Patient Panel was set up in 2011, to understand the views of patients on the services we offer. The group regularly reviews the surgery as a whole, this includes issues like:
- Access to the practice
- Services we provide
- Commissioning for local health needs
- How NHS changes are affecting the practice
The panel is an open membership group. It encourages involvement and attendance from all areas of the practice community.
Would you like to provide feedback to the Patient Panel? If so, you can:
- Use the online contact us form to provide suggestions
- Contact the Practice Manager on 0121 476 1135 during opening times
- Send any feedback you may have to our practice email
Patient Panel Progress Reports
An annual report will be produced annually, detailing:
- Issues raised by the patient panel
- Discussions with the practice
- Actions taken and outcomes achieved by the practice
This report also includes:
- Details of the practice’s patient survey
- Other suggestions made by patients to the panel throughout the year
New patient panel
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, non-essential face-to-face contact was restricted in an effort to prevent the spread of the virus with our patient panel meetings suspended as a result. The Surgery values the opinions and experiences of its patients and has worked hard to restart our patient panel meetings, with the first meeting held in January 2023.
With the considerable time between meetings and new members attending, the Surgery and the panel used this meeting as an opportunity to build an understanding of its future objectives and develop an understanding of a pathway for progression- a further meeting will be held in the summer of 2023 with new panel members welcome to join for an opportunity to share their ideas and help develop our Surgery further.